1. FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER
1. Which one of the following standards supports hot plugging?
(a) PCI (b) USB (c) Wishbone (d) Plug and Play
2. A piano style keyboard is known as
(a) Dvorak (b) Braille (c) MIDI (d) QWERT
3. Select the INCORRECT match.
4. Which of the following is NOT a example of third generation computer?
(a) VAX 9000 (b) IBM 360/370 (c) CDC 6600 (d) PDP-11
5. Which of the following is NOT a fourth generation technology?
6. Which of the following is the characteristics of Non-Impact printers?
(a) They do not make physical contact between the printer head and the paper.
(b) They are quieter than impact printers.
(c) These printers have better print quality.
(d) All of these
7. Select the odd one out (regarding supercomputer).
(a) Sunway TaihuLight (b) PARAM Yuva II (c) Titan (d) MacOS Seirra
8. A non-volatile Random Access Memory where data is stored as magnetic storage element is
(a) DRAM (b) SRAM (c) Flash memory (d) MRAM
9. Which of the following is NoT a type of srAM?
(a) Async SRAM (b) DO SRAM (c) Sync SRAM (d) DDR Sync SRAM
10. DDr3 is a type of RAM. What does DDr stand for?
(a) Differential Data Rate (b) Double Data Rate (c) Dual Data Rate (d) Double Dual Rate
11. Select the INCORRECT match.
(a) 1 Petabyte = 1024 Terabytes
(b) 1 Zettabyte = 1024 Exabytes
(c) 1 Exabyte = 1024 Petabytes
(d) 1 Yottabyte = 1024 Exabytes
12. Which of the following secondary storage devices allows to read and write information multiple times, but with the write operation being much slower than the read operation?
(a) CD-RW (b) Flash memory (c) CD-R (d) Both (a) and (b)
13. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT about the secondary memory?
(a) It is also known as auxiliary memory.
(b) Floppy disk, hard disk, flash drive, etc. are examples of secondary
(c) The CPU can directly access the secondary memory while processing
(d) All of these
14. If the capacity of a floppy disk is 1.44 MB then it can store up to ________ bytes.
(a) 1.44 × 1024 (b) 1.44 × 1024 × 1024 (c) 1.44 × 1024 × 1024 × 1024 (d)
1.44 × 1024 × 1024 × 1024 × 1024
15. Identify the storage medium by the description given below.
– It is the most popular storage medium for large data sets accessed
– It consists of vertical columns called frames and horizontal rows called
– It separates records by blank spaces called inter-record gaps (IRG) to
identify different pieces of data.
(a) Floppy disk (b) Hard disk (c) Magnetic tape (d) Flash drive
16. Which of the following options will replace the blank space to calculate the storage capacity of an optical disk? Number of _______ x Number of bytes per sector
(a) Bytes (b) Tracks (c) Sectors (d) Bits
17. Identify the following.
– It is a secondary storage device, that consists of one or more rotating
disks called platters.
– Platters are divided into tracks and sectors.
– It accesses the data in a random manner.
18. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT about CD-ROM?
(a) It is a silver coated circular disc.
(b) It can hold upto 1024 MB of data.
(c) It can record text, graphics, video and sound.
(d) It stores less data than a DVD-ROM.
19. The cable shown in this image is called a ________ cable. It is an IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) standard for connecting devices like optical drives and hard drives to the motherboard.
(a) SATA (b) Ethernet (c) EIDE (d) PS/2
20. The given image is of smart card. It can be used.
(a) for data storage (b) for personal identification (c) to activate RAM in CPU (d) both (a) and (b)