Wave Length – The Minimum Distance in which a wave repeats itself is called its wavelength
- At the time Maxwell predicted the existence of electromagnetic waves, the
only familiar electromagnetic waves were the visible light waves.
- The existence of ultraviolet and infrared waves was barely established.
- By the end of the nineteenth century, X-rays and gamma rays had also been discovered.
- electromagnetic waves include visible light waves, X-rays, gamma rays, radio waves, microwaves, ultraviolet and infrared waves.
- The classification of em waves according to frequency is the electromagnetic
- There is no sharp division between one kind of wave and the next.
- The classification is based roughly on how the waves are produced and/or detected.
- Remember More the wavelength less the frequency and vice versa.
- also try to remember the wavelength and the frequency can be found out
Tricks to remember the Wavelength series of Electromagnetic Waves
- R-Roman Radio
- M-Men Microwave
- I-Invented Infrared
- U-Unusual Ultra Violet
- X-ray- X-ray
- G-Guns Gamma Rays
- The Visible rays is in Between infrared and Ultra Violet
Roman men invented unusual x-ray guns.