8. COMPUTER NETWORK & INTERNET
1. A type of port developed by IBM for connecting a mouse or keyboard to a PC is_____.
(a) RJ-45 (b) PS/2 (c) USB (d) VGA
2. Identify the following.
– It has a separate communication link from each computer to a centralised
– If the central computer fails, then entire network becomes inoperable.
(a) Ring topology (b) Bus topology (c) Star topology (d) Mesh topology
3. Which of the following is a mobile calling app for Android, launched on 5th August, 2014 that allows users to make free calls over 2G networks including landline numbers?
(a) Nanu (b) Viber (c) Facetime (d) Skype
4. The ______ computer worm first discovered and researched by eEye Digital Security employees was observed on the internet on 13th July, 2001.
(a) Code Red (b) Kaja (c) KakWorm (d) Ping Pong
5. Which of the following types of network is optimized for a larger geographical area than a LAN and ranges from several blocks of buildings to an entire city?
(a) PAN (b) MAN (c) SAN (d) INTRANET
6. Which of the following networking topologies has a dedicated point-to-point link only to a central controller that is usually a hub and does not allow direct traffic between devices?
(a) Mesh (b) Ring (c) Bus (d) Star
7. Conficker and Blaster are examples of computer________.
(a) worms (b) spywares (c) sensors (d) utilities
8. Which of the following topologies is referred as a multipoint topology where one long cable acts as a backbone to link all the devices in the network?
(a) Star (b) Partial Mesh (c) Bus (d) Both (a) and (b)
9. Blog is a discussion site where articles called posts are published by individuals to express their opinions. Which of the following is NOT a blogging site?
10. Select the odd one out.
(a) Avast (b) ClamWin (c) Disk Killer (d) Quick Heal
11. Select the odd one out.
12. The process of buying and selling of goods and services through wireless handheld devices is called _________.
(a) M-Commerce (b) H-Commerce (c) Short-commerce (d) Metro-commerce
13. Which of the following is a technology that is primarily used in defence services to facilitate secret communication and privacy of data?
(a) Encryption (b) Flex (c) Authentication (d) Repudation
14. ________ was the first national commercial online service to offer internet access to its subscribers.
(a) AOL (b) Prodigy (c) MCI mail (d) Delphi
15. Which of the following organizations discusses the technical and operational problems on internet?
(a) ISOC (b) IAB (c) IETF (d) CA
16. A2DP, EDR, LE are terms associated with_________.
(a) Wi-Fi (b) bluetooth (c) processor (d) GPS systems
17. __________ is a set of routine, protocols and tools for building software applications.
(a) API (b) TCP/IP (c) OSI (d) IDE
18. Which of the following was the first widely available networking system for microcomputers which became popular in 1980s for office
(a) ARPANET (b) ARCNET (c) NSFNET (d) Intergalactic Computer Network
19. Which of the following companies has launched “Satellite Radius”, a multimode laptop series that provides 360° “Flip-and-Fold” convertible
(a) Asus (b) Toshiba (c) Panasonic (d) Dell
20. A kind of E-mail spam where the textual spam message is embedded into picture formats as a means of fooling spam filters is called spam.
(a) junk (b) snap (c) image (d) text
21. A ________ is a standard for creating and handling dynamic web documents.
(a) Common Gateway Interface (b) Command Gateway Interface (c) Transaction
Gateway Interface (d) Server Mail Interface
22. Identify the following.
– It is the page that automatically gets loaded when web browser starts.
– It is the introductory page of a website that contains navigation buttons
and hyperlinks to the related resources that guides users to the key areas
of the website.
(a) Web page (b) Home page (c) Start page (d) Information page
23. Which of the following statements is CORRECT about ‘Sneakernet’?
(a) Transferring computer files between computers by physically moving
removable media such as CDs, flash drives.
(b) Unauthorised access of information from a wireless device.
(c) The process of converting data in a form so that an unauthorised person
cannot understand it.
(d) A private computer network in which multiple PCs are connected to each
24. Select the INCORRECT match regarding the viruses with their examples.
(a) Boot Sector Virus – Stoned
(b) File Virus – Sunday
(c) Multipartite Virus – Cascade
(d) Macro Virus – Melissa
25. Which of the following steps is CORRECT to clear browsing data in Google Chrome web browser?
(a) Customize and control Google Chrome → More tools → Clear browsing data
(b) Bookmark → More tools → Clear browsing history
(c) Bookmark →Settings → Clear browsing history
(d) Bookmark →Tools → Delete history