SCIENCE TEST CLASS VIII
TIME: – 1HR F.M.:- 50
TOPICS: - Friction, Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
Q1. Each question carries 1mark.
- a. Microorganisms are classified into four major groups. Name
- Several diseases like tuberculosis, smallpox and hepatitis can be prevented by
- Define Friction
- Friction depends on the ?
- Give two ways to increase friction?
- What is atmospheric pressure?
Q2. Each question carries 2marks.
- Write short notes on A. Protozoa B. Algae
- Define the process of fermentation and its
- Write short notes on medicinal use of
- Find the net force acting on an object whose mass is 2 kg, as shown
5. Explain why sliding friction is less than static
Q3. Each question carries 3marks.
- What are the major precautions one should follow while taking antibiotics?
- Explain how microbes are useful to us in our day to day
- Explain increasing and reducing
- Write and explain the effect of forces.
- What is fluid friction? Write the factors on which fluid friction
- Explain why objects moving in fluids must have special
Q4. Each question carries 5marks.
- What are the major group of microorganisms explain each group with their harmful and useful effects in our life? 5
- Write and explain types of Forces ? 3
Find the Force in dyne acting on a body of mass 10 kg and an acceleration of 8m/s2 3
- Explain the reason. 2+1+1+1
a. Force of friction increases when two surfaces are pressed
b. While travelling on a rickshaw, you might have experienced that if the seat cover is very smooth, you tend to slip when brakes are applied
c. The handle of a cricket bat or a badminton racquet is usually
d. Give examples to show that friction is both a friend and Foe?