Carbon and its compound
- The amount of carbon present in the earth’s crust and in the atmosphere is quite less.
- The earth’s crust has only 0.02% carbon in the form of minerals (like carbonates hydrogen-carbonates, coal and petroleum) and the atmosphere has 0.03% of carbon dioxide.
Topic included in this chapter-
- Bonding in carbon
- Allotropes of carbon
- Properties of carbon
- Saturated and unsaturated carbon
- Nomenclature of carbon
- Chemical properties of carbon
- Important compounds of carbon
- Soaps and detergents