Gender,Religion and Caste
- In this chapter we apply the ideas of social difference to the practice of democratic system in India.
- We look at three kinds of social differences that can take the form of social divisions and inequalities.
- These are social differences based on gender, religion and caste.
- we look at the nature of this division in India and how it gets expressed in politics.
- We also ask whether different expressions based on these differences are healthy or otherwise in a democracy
Topics Covered in this lesson
- Gender and politics
- Women’s political representation
- Religion, communalism and politics
- Caste and politics
- Caste in politics
- Politics in caste
- Previous Year Questions on the topic.
0% Complete 0/6 Steps