- The decisions on policies are taken through government order. It is also known as Office Memorandum.
- Office Memorandum is the regular government orders that makes decision regarding the policies that effects the public.
The Decision Makers:
- Behind the making of the major policy decisions, an entire body of government is working.
- It is a long chain of hierarchy which includes even the President, on whose name the major policy will be executed.
- The Prime minister, the head of the government, and the minister of the responsible ministry or department who deliberates on the policy and makes the final decision.
- The government officials that includes the civil servants perform the groundwork and implements the policy in practical scenario.
The Political Institutions:
- The making of major policy decisions and their implementations need proper political arrangements, formalities, rules and regulations. They are together called institutions.
- The Prime minister and the top cabinet ministers together constitutes an institution.
- Also, the Supreme Court which evaluates the policy again represents an institution.