- The Indian National Congress was founded in Bombay in December 1885.
- A retired British official, A.O. Hume, helped in bringing Indians from the various regions together and the foundation of the Indian National Congress.
Important Congress Sessions for CBSE Class 10th History Exam
- 1920 (Special Session): Calcutta.
- President: Lala Lajpat Rai
- Mahatma Gandhi moved the Non-cooperation resolution.
- 1920: Nagpur.
- President: C. Vijayaraghavachariar
- Reconstitution of Working committees of Congress on a Linguistic basis
- MA Jinnah left the Indian National Congress.
- 1927: Madras.
- President: Dr. M.A. Ansari
- Passed a resolution against the use of Indian troops in China, Iran and Mesopotamia.
- Passed a resolution against the boycott of Simon Commission
- Adoption of a resolution on Purna Swaraj
- 1929: Lahore.
- President: Jawahar Lal Nehru
- Passed the resolution on ‘Poorna Swaraj.’
- Civil Disobedience movement for complete independence to be launched
- 26 January to be observed as ‘Independence Day’.
Drag the City Names to its Positions on the Map. Play and Play till you remember .:)