- Thermal power is the biggest source of power in India.
- More than 70% of the total energy consumed in India is produced by thermal power.
- Kalpakkam is located on the east coast about 70 km south of Chennai in Tamil Nadu.
- Tarapur Atomic Power Station (T.A.P.S.) is located in Tarapur, Palghar, Maharashtra.
- It was the first commercial nuclear power station built in India.
- Narora Atomic Power Station (NAPS) is a nuclear power plant located in Narora, Bulandshahar District in Uttar Pradesh.
- Kakrapar Atomic Power Station is a nuclear power station in India, which lies in the proximity of Surat and Tapi river in the state of Gujarat.
Find the Location of Thermal and Nuclear Plants in India as given in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 10.
Try and Play till you remember all the Power Stations on India for Class 10th Geography.