- We already know about the methods of finding perimeters and areas of simple
plane figures such as rectangles, squares, parallelograms, triangles and circles.
- Many objects that we use or see every day have a circular shape in some form or the other.
- Take for example the Cycle wheels, wheelbarrow (thela), dartboard, round cake, papad, drain cover, various designs, bangles, brooches, circular paths, washers, flower beds, etc.
- The objects stated above are some examples of the circular-shaped object.
The Concepts that will be Covered in the Area related to Circle lesson are
- What is a Circle
- Perimeter and Area of a Circle
- Areas of Sector and Segment of a Circle
- Areas of Combinations of Plane Figure