5. MICROSOFT EXCEL 2010
1. The output of the function = EVEN (56) + ODD (64) in MS-Excel 2010 is _______.
(a) 119 (b) 120 (c) 121 (d) 118
2. What would be the output of the given MS-Excel 2010 formula?
= POWER(GCD(4,8),2) (a) 18 (b) 16 (c) 8 (d) 10
3. Which of the following is not a basic step in creating a worksheet?
(a) Save the workbooks (b) Modify the worksheet (c) Enter text and data (d) Copy the worksheet
4. In a worksheet, you can select
(a) the entire worksheet (b) rows (c) columns (d) a, b, and c
5. Which type of charts can Excel produce?
(a) Line graphs and pie charts only (b) Only line graphs
(c) Bar charts, line graphs and pie charts (d) Bar charts and line graphs only
6. Each Excel file is called a workbook because
(a) it can contain text and data. (b) it can be modified.
(c) it can contain many sheets including worksheets and chart sheets. (d) you have to work hard to create it.
7. What function displays row data in a column or column data in a row?
(a) Hyperlink (b) Index (c) Transpose (d) Rows
8. You can activate a cell by
(a) pressing the tab key (b) clicking the cell (c) pressing an arrow key (d) all of the above
9. Which of the following methods cannot be used to enter data a cell?
(a) Pressing an arrow key (b) Pressing the tab key (c) Pressing the Esc key (d) Clicking the enter button to the formula bar
10. When you print preview a worksheet,
(a) the entire worksheet is displayed. (b) the selected range is displayed.
(c) the active portion of the worksheet is displayed. (d) all of these
11. Which of the following is correct?
(a) = AVERAGE (4, 5, 6, 7). (b) = AVERAGE (A1, B1, C1). (c) =AVERAGE (A1: A9, B1:B9). (d) All of these
12. To drag a selected range of data to another worksheet in the same workbook, use the
(a) Tab key (b) Alt key (c) Shift key (d) Ctrl key
13. What would be the output of the given function, if the value in cell A1 is 400 in MS Excel 2010? = IF(AND(1<A1, A1<100), A1, “Data range has been exceeded.”)
(a) 400 (b) A1 (c) Data range has been exceeded. (d) #Num!
14. ________ option of Conditional Formatting feature will allow you to edit a rule that has been applied on a range of cells in MS Excel 2010.
(a) New Rule (b) Clear Rules (c) Manage Rules (d) Edit Formatting Rules
15. To highlight all those cells that contain formulas in a worksheet, use _______ option in MS Excel 2010.
16. What will be displayed in a cell, if it contains the following formula in MS Excel 2010? =5&6+4
(a) #Value! (b) 60 (c) 510 (d) 564
17. Which of the following is the CORRECT order of evaluation for the following formula in MS Excel 2010?
= 7 * 3 ^ 4 – (14 – 5)/ 3
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
I II III IV V
(a) I → II → III → IV → V (b) II → I → IV → V → III (c) III → II → V → I → IV (d) III → II → I → V → IV
18. What would be the result of the given formula in MS Excel 2010, if cell A1=2016?
(a) 20117 (b) 2017 (c) 17 (d) 2016-17
19. Considering the given snapshot, what would be the result of the given formula in MS Excel 2010?
=IF (AND(B2 > 30,B3>50),”Good, keep it up!”, “Work hard”)
(a) Work hard (b) Good, keep it up! (c) #Name (d) #Error
20. The maximum number of rows in an ms excel 2010 sheet are:
(a) 6553 (b) 1,048,576 (c) 256 (d) 65534
21. You can use the horizontal and vertical scrollbars to
(a) split a worksheet into two panes. (b) view different rows and columns.
(c) edit the contents of a cell. (d) view different worksheets.
22. Which of the following is not the correct method of editing the cell content?
(a) Press the Alt key (b) Press the F2 key (d) Click the formula bar (d) Double click the cell
23. When the formula bar is activated, you can see
(a) The Edit Formula button (b) The Cancel button (c) The Enter button (d) All of the above
24. Which of the following describes how to select all the cells in a single column?
(a) Right click on column and select Pick from list (b) Use data – text to column menu item
(c) Left click on the gray column title button (d) Pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard
25. Which of the following methods cannot be used to edit the content of cell?
(a) Pressing the Alt key (b) Clicking the formula bar (c) Pressing F2 (d) Double clicking the cell