I1. MEDIATELY AFTER THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE EXAMINATION, YOU SHOULD CHECK THAT THIS TEST BOOKLET DOES NOT HAVE ANY UNPRINTED OR TORN OR MISSING PAGES OR ITEMS ETC. IF SO, GET IT REPLACED BY A COMPLETE TEST
BOOKLET OF THE SAME SERIES ISSUED TO YOU.
2. ENCODE CLEARLY THE TEST BOOKLET SERIES A, B, C OR D, AS THE CASE MAY BE, IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACES IN THEANSWER SHEET USING BALL POINT PEN (BLUE OR BLACK).
3. You have to enter your Roll No. on the Test Booklet in the Box provided alongside. DO NOT write anything else on the Test Booklet.
4. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FILL UP & DARKEN ROLL NO., TEST BOOKLET / QUESTION BOOKLET SERIES IN THE ANSWER SHEETS AS WELL AS FILL UP TEST BOOKLET / QUESTION BOOKLET SERIES AND SERIAL NO. AND ANSWER SHEET SERIAL NO. IN THE
ATTENDANCE SHEETS CAREFULLY. WRONGLY FILLED UP ANSWER SHEETS ARE LIABLE FOR REJECTION AT THE RISK OF THE CANDIDATE.
5. This Test Booklet contains 100 items (questions). Each item (question) comprises four responses (answers). You have to select the correct response (answer) which you want to mark (darken) on the Answer Sheet. In case, you feel that there is more than one correct
response (answer), you should mark (darken) the response (answer) which you consider the best. In any case, choose ONLY ONE response (answer) for each item (question).
6. You have to mark (darken) all your responses (answers) ONLY on the separate Answer Sheet provided by using BALL POINT PEN (BLUEOR BLACK). See instructions in the Answer Sheet.
7. (i) All items (questions) carry equal marks. All items (questions) are compulsory. Your total marks will depend only on the number of correct responses (answers) marked by youin the Answer Sheet.
(ii) There will be negative markings for wrong answers. 25 (twenty five) percent of marks allotted to a particular item (question) will be deducted as negative marking for every wrong response (answer).
(ii) If candidates give more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be same penalty as above to that question.
8. Before you proceed to mark (darken) in the Answer Sheet the responses to various items (questions) in the Test Booklet, you have to fill in some particulars in theAnswer Sheet as per the instructions sent to you with your Admission Certificate.
9. After you have completed filling in all your responses (answers) on the Answer Sheet and after conclusion of the examination, you should hand over to the Invigilator the Answer Sheet issued to you. You are allowed to take with you the candidate’s copy / second page
of the Answer Sheet along with the Test Booklet, after completion of the examination, for your reference.
10. Sheets for rough work are appended in the Test Booklet at the end.
0 of 100 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 100 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Which city has been designated to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games?
Who has been appointed as the head coach of the Indian men’s cricket team by the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India)?
3. Who among the following has been awarded Dada Saheb Phalke Award recently?
4. In which year did the RTI Act come into force?
5. Which Article under the Indian Constitution pertains to the special status of J & K?
6. In which year was SAARC formed?
7. Who is the founder of WIPRO?
8. The Headquarters of UNESCO is located at:
9. The United Nations was formed in which year?
10. Who among the following has been honored with Bharat Ratna?
11. Which country won the World Cup Soccer Title in 2014 ?
12. Who is the present Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
13. Who wrote the book, TRAIN TO PAKISTAN?
14. In which year, WIKIPEDIA was founded?
15. EI NINO Phenomenon is associated with:
16. British concluded Treaty of Bassein on 31st December, 1802 with:
17. State Demand under the Permanent Settlement was fixed on:
18. Which was considered as Magna Carta of English Education in India?
19. What was the real intention of British Government behind the partition of Bengal ?
20. Congress had decided to start First Civil Disobedience at:
21. Resolution of Poorna Swaraj was passed in:
22. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan had earned Knighthood in:
23. The only Annual Session of the Congress presided over by Mahatma Gandhi was:
24. Who among the following was not associated with Trade Union Movement ?
25. Who was the Chairman of the First Famine Commission in 1880?
26. When was the First Factory Act passed in India?
27. When were Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru sentenced to death?
28. Who was the editor of Inquilab (from Lahore) in 1923 ?
29. Communal Award announced by British Government on 4th August, 1932 gave a separate electorate to:
30. Calcutta Corporation Act, 1899 which reduced the strength of elected members was passed by:
31. The ‘Vale of Kashmir’ lies between:
32. Which one of the following countries is the major producer of mica?
33. Which of the following was the earliest regional planning exercise in India?
34. The habitat of the Toda tribe is :
35. The ‘Durand Line’ is the boundary between :
Which of the following places in India ranks second among the coldest inhabited places in the world?
The Athabasca Tar-sand is famous for the deposit of
38. Marquette range in U. S. A. is known for:
39. The Directive Principles of State Policy included in the Constitution of India have been inspired by the Constitution of:
Who are the earliest migrants from Europe to South America ?
41. Varanasi the ‘cultural capital of India’ is mainly associated with:
42. The Constitutional Amendment relating to the declaration of emergency (1978) require the President of India to act in accordance with the :
43. Disqualification on grounds of defection for a member of Parliament will not apply:
44. Which one of the following shall not be considered an adequate ground for the issue of a proclamation of national emergency?
45. The Supreme Court of India is different from its counterpart in the U.S.A.:
46. Which one of the following items comes under the Concurrent List of the Indian Constitution?
47. The Directive Principles of State Policy included in the Constitution of India have been inspired by the Constitution of:
48. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below the lists:
49. The power of Supreme Court of India to decide the dispute between the centre and states falls under its :
50. The Cuban Missile Crisis and the building of the Berlin Wall were:
51. Which country’s Political Party system has been described as ‘Empty Bottle’ by Bryce?
52. The unlawful detention of a person is questioned by the writ of:
53. “Right to Education” has been placed in the Indian Constitution under:
54. The book “Twenty Years’ Crisis” is written by:
55. Which of the following is the correct definition of ‘economic growth’?
56. Which of the following institutions estimates the national income of India?
57. In September 2015, the United Nations General Assembly announced a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals. One goal is contained in the following. Choose it:
58. Who said, “We are trying to construct a more inclusive society. We are going to make a country in which no one is left out”?
59. Which period is referred to as the period of population explosion in India?
60. In which of the following major states of India, the Gross Enrolment Ratio in Class I-VIII during 2014-15 is the least?
61.From the following, identify the most appropriate strategy of the National Health Mission 2013:
62.The first-ever National Health Policy of the Government of India was given in the year:
63.Which of the following organizations has developed the Universal Health Coverage Index?
64.When was the National Food Security Mission launched in India, and what were its components?
65.What is carbon credit?
66.Which of the following can be used for controlling Gaseous Air Pollutant?
67.The main pollutants responsible for causing the greenhouse effect, acid rain, and ozone layer depletion are:
68.Which of the following can be used for controlling Gaseous Air Pollutant?
69.Which of the following organisms fix nitrogen in aquatic ecosystems?
70.Red data book contains data of:
71.IUCN (The International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources) headquarters is at:
72.What is the animal symbol of W. W. F. (World Wildlife Fund)?
73.The occurrence of pesticides like DDT in higher trophic levels in an ecosystem is termed as:
74.Which of the following Indian states/union territories has the maximum percentage of mangrove cover in the country?
75.The highest per capita emitter of carbon dioxide in the world is:
76.‘Lion-tailed macaque’ is the key faunal species of which Biosphere Reserve?
77.Who said, “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed”?
78.What is the 2016 theme for World Environment Day?
79.The ‘Olive Ridley Turtles’ are considered to be endangered because of their few remaining nesting sites in the world. In this context, which among the following statement(s) is/are correct?
80.The Indian Tsunami Early Warning Centre (ITEWC) established at Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Sciences is located in:
81.Plasma arc technology is used for the disposal of waste. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct with regard to this technology?
82.ISO 14040 series deals with:
83.Basal metabolic rate of the body is regulated by:
84.What is the function of hydrochloric acid in the stomach?
85.Myopia is also known as:
86. Acid rain is caused by an increase in the atmospheric concentration of:
87. Migration of cancerous cells from the site of origin to another part of the body, forming secondary tumors, is called:
88. Choose the best fire extinguisher:
89. Rockets are designed to carry:
90. Which of the following is used for communication, weather forecasting, and remote sensing?
91. Electric generator is a device that converts ______ energy into ______ energy.
92. Nails, scales, and bones are:
93. The testis, the male gonad, is located inside the scrotum to keep testicular temperature:
94. Destruction of trees and forests is called deforestation. Deforestation is the cause of:
95. Soap and detergents help remove dirt from clothes. They do so because of having two parts:
96. Fermentation is a process in which:
97. We observe objects around us due to:
98. Losing eyesight after consuming spurious liquor (bhejal) is due to its adulteration by:
99. Fuse wire of appropriate thickness improves its efficiency to prevent damage. These wires are made up of:
100. An instrument used to observe changes in the solar system is: